Sunday, October 11, 2009

*sigh*...it's fall.

I am really loving the weather we have been having lately. Fall is definitely my favorite season and here, it is perfect. It's not to cold and still sunny (knock on wood...I know that won't last). The weekends have been so much fun lately, I love being outside and having to wear a scarf and hat...especially when I've made them myself. Yesterday I baked 12 dozen cookies... you may ask, why on earth would I bake that many cookies for just Matt & I? Matt doesn't like chocolate chip cookies and I love them. So I made a batch of chocolate chip and a batch of butterscotch. It was so much fun to bake all night and now, we have cookies to last us a while! I was pumped to make them because I bought an electric mixer! Not the kitchenaide one I'm dying to have, just a hand held one, but at least it got the job done.
I found another item that I love making to add to my etsy. Baby onsies. I had paint patterns onto them and they are turning out absolutely adorable. I'm really excited about them and hoping that they sell. So far I have only sold 2 things and it's almost been 2 months now that I've had this site. It's a bit frustrating, but I just have to find my nitch and find what sells.
Matt and I are going to pick pumpkins today and I'm really excited about it! We were planning on doing it when we lived in FL, but we never had the money to do it at the time, so now...we're actually going to go. There's a pumpkin patch right by our house and it looks like a lot of fun. We have had some busy weekends and are going to continue having busy weekends all through the fall. This month we have 2 parties to go to and lots of appointments (dr., dentist, vet, etc). Matt's calling this month operation get better...financially and health wise. So far so good. I put away $100 of my paycheck this week to go towards winter quarter of school and it felt really good. One step closer to actually getting to go! I can't wait!
I'm going to save as much money as I possibly can because the more I save the more classes I can take. I'm won't have in-state tuition so it's a lot more for winter quarter. I'd like to be able to take 2 classes, I want to have a head start on this. I just can't wait to graduate!
I'm thinking that in April when my nanny contract is up that I'm not going to be able to sign on for another. The boys are going to be starting school, Isaiah might even in the spring. So it just won't be enough money with the kids in school and me in school as well. I'm going to try to get either another nanny job here that pays higher or a job working in a daycare or preschool setting. I'd love to work for either a montessori or autism center....
Alright, well time to get ready for the day.
Happy Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment