Last night I went to Westlake Dance Center to take a ballet class. The class was a level I/II and I found quickly that I am only ready for ballet I and will be attending that class from now on Tuesday nights. I thought I had a much larger knowledge of ballet than I actually do. I am really excited to learn and to hopefully become more graceful (and toned before our wedding!). I am also going to try a hip hop class tomorrow (a level II) I think I can handle a more difficult level, but since I haven't taken a class in a long time, I'm not sure how quickly I will be able to learn. I found out the 2 weeks ago when I took the jazz/funk class in Redmond that my speed learning is definitely not where it used to be. Matt is going to come and watch me and I'm really excited about that. Besides when we clear space in our apartment and I dance in front of the patio doors at night, Matt's never really seen me dance (Disney parades do not count lol).
I am also looking to find a place to start teaching classes. My nanny mom Haley's sister has offered to let me teach classes in their garage and I can't wait to get that started. I'm hoping that from that I will make enough money to open the studio in a place I found on craigslist today. It's only $995/mo. and is the perfect amount of space for what I need right now. I'll be the only teacher at this "studio" for now and can only teach at night after work and on the weekends. To be able to afford this place I need at least 25 girls. Any more than that and I'll make a profit! 25 girls is nothing. That's only 5 classes with 5 in each class. Easy. Well in my perfect little bubble of my dance studio dream...that has been going strong since my junior year of high school, it seems easy...
For a while here I had given up on this dream of mine after a conversation with Matt's brother and sister-in-law when we were discussing our future. I want to be able to spend a lot of time with my kids when we have them. But, if I can get this going the way I want to now, I should be able to by then! Let's hope.
I'm also going to try to start to get going on making my purses to sell. I get SO many compliments on it and I would love sell them on Etsy and at the Issaquah farmers market in April. I have a lot of work ahead of me!.........and wedding planning! Why do I always overwhelm myself with more than I can handle lol? I believe I get that from my dad...
Friday, August 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment