So thought I could convert my blog to strictly dance related topics...
Oh how wrong I was. It is impossible for me to not let everything just spill out of my mind when I start typing...so there will be lots of dance news (I have some now) but also just life in general.
I nanny for two families, one of them being from Wisconsin...love it. Matt and I have been becoming very close with them these past few months and have spend lots of time with Haley, Liam, Charlotte and Maclin outside of me working. This past weekend Haley's sister's daughter Cora turned 5 and Matt and I went to her birthday party to help Haley out with the kids. While we were there Haley's sister, Paisley, asked if I would like to start teaching dance classes to her children and a large number of their friends. I of course accepted. So starting in September (cross your fingers) I will be teaching hip hop classes for these children in their garage which will be fully equiped with mirrors for me! I'm so excited to teach again. This will be a great way for me to network and get my name out there in Kirkland, WA. Hopefully this will lead a path to my dance studio that I am determined to own one day. The dream is still alive.
I also got a job with the Kirkland Recreation Department. I actually created the program and will be the teacher for 3-5 year old art classes. I will read them a new story each week followed by an art project, songs or dances that correlate with the story. By teaching these classes there I will get to know the staff there and hopefully get to start teaching dance...or ultimate goal...start a dance team through them. (again, cross your fingers that this doesn't fall through)
It's so important to me that one day when Matt and I do have children that I can be a stay at home mom and teach dance classes to keep my love for dance and...just get a break! I'm hoping that these are two open windows for me right now that will eventually lead to my being able to stay home, get a degree and have a path for my studio.
Wedding update.
We have decided on our entire wedding theme which will be a classic backyard style wedding with a bit of a vintage twist here and there (my ring really is vintage and my dress might as well be...it's beautiful...no details here though, Matt may read this. Sorry) Along with that style, the colors are yellow and white with a bit of green. The ceremony will be outside with classic white chairs and our reception is going to be in a beautiful white tent, large enough for the 300 guests that will be invited. (yikes) One of our flower girls will be pulled down the aisle by my baby brother (who will be sporting some amazingly cool sunglasses) in an old radio flyer wagon. Our flowers will be white hydrangeas and peonies with some daisies and sunflowers possibly. And because of Matt's wonderfully cute idea, our reception will have a lemonade stand which I am hoping the kids will take turns playing with and serving the lemonade to everyone...lots of children at this wedding.
We are so excited about it and are hoping for the entire night to just be fun. We want everyone to leave our wedding saying, "wow, that was SO much fun!" Matt and I aren't fancy people...we like to try lol, but really...our style is simple and just very happy together. I feel so blessed that I've found Matt. And just to think that we met while working for Walt Disney World living in FL (something I never dreamed I'd have the guts to do) and now have an amazing studio in Washington with a beautiful view...it's crazy.
We are very happy, and in the end...that's all that really matters. I forget that often while I wish we had more "things" ...and I need to remember more often that it doesn't matter. When we're 80 years old and are looking back, I'm not going to remember the amazing dress I want from Gap or the amazing home decor from Crate and Barrel, I'm going to remember laughing at Matt while he freaks at our kitty for attacking us while we try to sleep. Or how we love to go grocery shopping together. Or just how nice and safe it feels to be in out apartment and watch a movie together.
Being a 21 year old engaged nanny for four children who lives 2,000 miles away from my incredible family is not easy, and I just wish that before I have panic attacks about all of this and feel like something is wrong with me because I make too many lists and worry about things way too much, I should take a step back (like Matt is always telling me) and love how much fun it is to be 21 and how I am loving this wedding planning business. I need to love every second I spend with my four nanny kids because they are all so wonderfully unique and creative and funny! And as for being 2,000 miles away, I do have an incredible family....and they love me so so much and I love them just as much back. And we chose to live in Sammamish because we have opportunity here for our future children.
This blog was all over the place and I know I'm going to read it back and be slightly confused myself...so sorry about that whoever is reading this. If anyone reads this?
We have a lot going on right now...Ooo and I almost forgot....honeymoon----Sandals in the Bahamas!!! Amazing!
Ok, I'm done now. That's all for right now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment