Monday, August 24, 2009

august 24

Matt and I just had a great weekend. Friday night we went to our new favorite place...Trader Joe's together and went a little overboard on groceries, but this is good now because we have been have some really yummy dinners! Afterwards we went to Issaquah and drove through the highlands...where we hope to someday own a home together. I absolutely love it up there and was pleasantly surprised to discover that the homes are actually not too expensive. Our current goal is to own a home in 7 years! I sure hope so! Saturday night was a marinated pork tenderloin and tonight we're having mahi mahi!! Saturday was somewhat of a relaxed day. I had my dance class at 1:00 and couldn't really move afterwards (I still really can't). Then we headed to Ikea to get some sheets and things for when my mom, cy and kaylin are in town. Sunday was a nice day. We cleaned out our car which was long over-due. Took it to get a wash as well which was refreshing. Felt good to drive to work this morning. After we finished cleaning out the car (and going to Target to buy a swiffer!, ) we headed over to Matt's parent's house to have dinner. I got to finally meet some close family members, Aunt Colleen & Uncle Gary. It was great to meet them! We are going to plan a trip soon to go down and visit them and see Portland. We're going to stay with them for a weekend soon. She's great at beading jewelry and I'm excited to do that with her. We also got to meet Mel's "boyfriend", Clint. He was really nice and we're just really happy and excited for her. We also went bowling with them afterwards and it was nice to go on a double date together. Matt and I got competitive and had a great time being silly together.
My mom and Cylie will be here soooon! I can't wait to see them, I feel like the days are going way too slow while I'm waiting for them to get here. They'll be here on Wednesday at midnight *so Thursday* and then Kaylin will get in late Friday night. It will be great to finally show them where we live and what my life is like here, because really...it's so much different. I was talking with Haley today about how my refrigerater is going to be foriegn to them because we have a lot of organic and "healthy" food. I'm just so excited!! 2 more days!
We found our wedding florists and they're absolutely amazing. We will be sending them a check this week....let the wedding cost begin......yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment