Saturday, September 26, 2009

we're taking our time and having fun!


We had a busy Friday and Saturday. Matt's grandma came from California to visit and I was glad to finally meet her. Last night after work, Matt and I went over to Chris & Megan's with the rest of his family and we all had dinner together and talked a lot. It was fun! Then today, Matt and I woke up way too early for a Saturday morning (6:00) and got ready right away so we could take our car in to get the brakes checked and fixed...buuuut, when we got there they told us they couldn't look at our brakes until we got all 4 of our tires changed. That stinks, but we do need new tires, sooo we are going to get both the tires changed and hopefully (if it doesn't cost a fortune) the brakes fixed too. I'm hoping it's just the brake pads, but I'm afraid because of us having to wait now, that they're just going to get worse.......... So...after getting our brakes "checked" we went to Matt's parents house and I helped Marie make a delicious breakfast. I then went to the craft store to stock up on stuff to do while they watched the Cal game...then football all day and a yummy yummy dinner!

We were supposed to be going to the market in the morning tomorrow. I thought I was ready...all day. Then, we got home late and I realized we had a lot of missing pieces. No change & more importantly not enough sleep to be waking up at 5:30 on a Sunday. Lame I know. Must be thinking, "figures they arent' doing what they said..." But, we are now enjoying our Saturday night together instead of me going to bed right away and being stressed out. It's our new way of thinking....taaaaking our time on things! We like it better this way.

Matt said he's not worried about us having all of these "products" right now and waiting until April to sell them all at the Issaquah market. We may be "losing" money from them now, but if we start only spending about $5-$10 a week on the stuff we'll be fine. BECAUSE, Megan had a good point tonight at dinner...even if they don't sell at a profitable price, we can always sell them for what they cost and break even.

Matt and I have some exciting plans for October. Lots that we want to do together! Next weekend we're going to Issaquah's Salmon Days with the family and that's going to be SO much fun. We've only heard good things about it. We really want to go camping and to Oktoberfest in Leavenworth. We also will have a family Halloween party to go to. This will be a fun month!

No comments:

Post a Comment